Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's Happening?

Lots of things have happened during the past few weeks. Two weekends ago Grace became sick with a cold. :( She woke up with a cough and she sounded pretty congested. Thankfully she was in great spirits and the cold only lasted for about 3 days :) Last Wednesday I started to feel really sick. Jason and I went to bed and during the night I woke up with the stomach flu. I had to call in sick to work again. Thankfully no one else caught it! On Friday, Jason started to get a sore throat so we spent the weekend at home. He is feeling better now. On Sunday Jason had his best friend Drew over to watch the race. They spent the whole day in the Pan Cave doing guy stuff while the girls were upstairs relaxing. Right before dinner I went to the bathroom and realized that I was getting a UTI. I was at least thankful for the fact that I didn't have to work on Monday so I wouldn't have to call in sick yet again. As the evening progressed the pain became pretty unbearable. I called my doctor's office and they set up an appointment for 8 am Monday. I felt terrible because I had to interrupt Jason's time with Drew so he could watch Grace for me. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who doesn't mind helping me out!

After my doctor's appointment on Monday, I had to take Orville to see the vet so he could get his rabies shot. They checked him out and showed me his teeth which needed a really good brushing so I made an appointment to have that done on Tuesday. Orville went in to have his teeth cleaned on Tuesday and while they were cleaning his teeth, they noticed that he had a broken tooth so they had to take it out. Orville is such a funny dog, anything weird happens to him. Now he has shown zero signs of having a broken tooth. It must have happened while he was playing with Toby because they do tend to play a little rough. He is home now and doing fine.

Since I have this week off of work Grace and I have been pretty busy. Yesterday we met my former 1st grade teacher Anna for coffee at Panera. I forgot my camera at home though. :( It was a great time and Grace loved meeting Anna for the first time.

We have a few more visits this week so I will try to post about them and hopefully add some pics too! Below is a video of Grace playing with Toby for the first time a few weekends ago. Toby sure is patient! Be sure to check out the final 4 month pictures. I can't believe P-Nut will be 5 months tomorrow. Time sure does fly!

No comments: