Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Job & a New Car

Right before Christmas I started substituting in Spencerport again. It was hard, but I really enjoyed seeing my students from last year again. Well right after I started subbing, I received a phone call about a Head Start teaching position. I went to the interview and I didn't expect anything to come of it. Well, right before New Year's I was offered the position. I was a little hesitant about accepting it because of the baby, but I did and started on January 12th. It has been difficult to say the least, but I think it is getting better. I have been pumping at work during my lunch break and then I nurse Grace almost all night before bed, then once during the night and usually about twice before I go to work. So far my supply has been O.K. but I did have one week where it dipped a bit due to a change in hormones. I have been eating 4 lactation cookies a day in order to keep my supply up. This is the only thing that seems to help me. I've tried everything else, believe me. I hope and pray that I will be able to continue nursing Grace until she is 1 years old. This is my first concern. I would never judge anyone else for feeding their child formula. In fact, I always thought that breastfeeding was out of the question for me and I never wanted to do it, but I changed my mind when I became pregnant. The formula thing just isn't for me and I don't ever want to give her formula. Well due to the whole pumping thing we were kind of hoping that the doctor would put Grace on cereal at her 4 month check up which would help me out a lot. He said that she could start it so we tried it, but she just isn't ready yet. This is completely fine and I'm just going to have to try and get through the next two weeks when we have Winter Break. Please just pray that I am able to keep up with Grace's needs.

Well as for my job. I teach 3 year olds that are in the Head Start program in Rochester. You can visit this link to learn more about the Head Start program. http://abcinfo.org/programs/earlychildhood/index.htm Just scroll down the Head Start section. I must admit that I think working with underpriveledged children is my calling. I just absolutely love it.

Since I started a new job, Jason and I decided that we would get a new vehicle. We needed something that was more of a family vehicle since both of our cars are 2 doors. We ended up getting a '09 Ford Escape Limited. It has four wheel drive so it is great in the winter. We are very happy with it so far. Now we are able to car pool to work a few days a week and we are really enjoying that! I'm sure Jason has a lot more to add about the vehicle. It's more of a toy for him than me.

Sorry for the long post, but we had lots of updates!

No comments: