Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy 3 & 4 Months to Peanut!




I can't believe Grace is 4 1/2 months old already! The past two months have been a complete blur. I told myself everyday that I had to get on here and do a 3 months post and next thing I know she's 4 1/2 months. She is doing so many wonderful things now. She is sitting up with our support. She's giggling up a storm and now she loves to blow rasberries and purr like a cat. She also started the whole teething stage. This is a great milestone, but I honestly wish it hadn't started so soon. I love her gum smile. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but she is drooling up a storm, chewing on everything, and her cheeks are rosy red.

Well just before she turned 3 months old, I believe that I told you that she was sleeping through the night. Well I spoke too soon. Grace still gets up once or twice during the night. I think she takes after her daddy in the sleep department, but she definitely takes after her mommy in the talking department. She still is not rolling over ( from tummy to back or back to tummy). She actually hates tummy time now. We just try to get her to lay on her belly for 5 to 10 minutes a day, but we don't push it. She will roll over when she's ready. Our little baldy is now growing some hair. I must admit I do miss her bald head though.

This past week Grace went in for her 4 month check up. She is 23.75 inches long (26th percentile), 12 lbs. 13 oz. (26th percentile), and her head circumference is 16 inches (35th percentile). She did have to receive 3 more vaccines (2 shots and 1 oral). Dr. Wells also said that we could start her on some rice cereal and then veggies if we wanted to. I will talk about this more in my next post. She is only on breastmilk right now though.

No comments: