Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baby Shower #1 & Other Misc. Updates


~ THIRTY-THREE WEEKS ~


On Saturday we had our first of two baby showers, thrown by my Mom, at Hawthorne's on East Ave. near Pittsford (second shower is on the 30th of this month). About 30 people were in attendance, the food was great, and everyone seemed to have a good time. Thanks again to everyone for the many gifts for Grace and I'm sure we will put them all to good use! The most popular gift for sure was the "Bumbo" seat, as we received three of them because for some reason it never was removed from our registry once the first one was purchased... but thats okay. Below are a few photos from the shower --- you can also view the full album here: Baby Shower #1. Sorry, didn't have a chance to get any of Stace opening gifts as I was busy helping out, but if anybody has any they took, please be sure to send them this way!

Last week we finished our 5 week long birth class and I think we have retained quite a bit of useful knowledge that will help us both with the upcoming delivery --- hopefully I won't forget most of it as I need to be on top of my coaching game when the day arrives. We also completed a breastfeeding class last weekend together and learned a bunch of tools, Stacey especially, as she attempts to undergo the feedings once Grace arrives. I'm sure it will be a trying process that will hopefully go smooth and well enough for all parties involved.

Also, the nursery is almosttt complete as the mural has been finished & baby furniture has been furnished, however we hit a little snag putting in the main and closet doors... Hopefully those will be in sometime this coming week with some more help from my Dad. I will however post some pictures of the completed mural and furniture in the upcoming days as it has been a very busy weekend and I wanted to get these up first --- so stay tuned!

(You can click on an image to view it full size).

No comments: