Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Nursery -- Stage 3: Mural Complete + Furniture


Finally!!!


I finished the mural this past Friday night as I mentioned in the last post, a couple weeks after all of our nursery furniture arrived that we had ordered from Simon's -- many, many thanks to my Mom & Gerry for all of the furniture! I gave in to Stace and let her see the mural before it was done when the furniture came and she was very happy to finally be able to get back into the room (she loved the mural as well!!) Overall I am pleased with how it came out, as it was quite a task to complete and must say I'm happy to be done, as it took a lot more effort and time than I originally thought it would! I'm also really digging how everything came together (colors, furniture, mural, etc.), and as close to my original vision as I could have hoped for. Was a bit nervous that I was going to screw something up along the way... Alas, now that the paint has dried, we are definitely hoping the doctor did not make a mistake and that we are in fact having a girl!!! Especially with all of the clothes, shoes, and other misc. female items that have now accumulated in her closet / armoire -- such a spoiled baby already...

I've posted a few pictures below, but you can check them all out by Clicking Here - enjoy! (Pictures were taken before 1st Baby Shower - the room is quite a bit more full now...) Now all that's left to finish is installing the new main and closet doors (Stage 4) and it'll be all set for Grace's arrival in about 6 weeks! That's all for now - next post will be after Baby Shower #2 on the 30th - until then...

(You can click on an image to view it full size).

No comments: