Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is it August Already?

I cannot believe that it is August already? I wanted to be better about blogging this summer, but it just didn't happen. We have been so busy just enjoying life and I have loved spending so much time with my family.
Patrick is getting so big, so fast! It is unbelievable how fast babies grow. I think that with Grace I was rushing to get to the next stage, but with Patrick I have really tried to soak it all in which makes it a little harder to watch him grow and change so fast. He had his 2 month check-up on July 15th and he weighed 11 lbs 3 oz. He is also 23.5 inches long and his head circumference is 15.5 in. That all means that he is in the 19th percentile for his weight and head circumference. He is in the 49th percentile for his height. He is already wearing some 3-6 month clothing and even some 6 month items. He rolled from his back to his belly to his back for the first time on July 22nd and just yesterday he rolled from his back to his belly. He is still trying to gain full control of his head so we don't let him sit in the bumbo seat yet, but I know it will come in time. Patrick also loves to chew/suck on his thumb and hand. It is so adorable.

As for Miss Grace, she became fully potty trained in the beginning of June. She still has some accidents here and there, but we are so proud of her. This took a lot of patience on our end, but she did in her own time and when she was ready, she was ready. I was really bummed that my Mom was not here to see this accomplishment. She was often here helping Grace along and even from the hospital she tried to bribe Grace to use the potty. I know she would have been so excited and proud of Grace. Grace recently started taking dance classes and she loves it. She is completing a five week camp right now. She likes it so much that we decided to sign her up for the full year class in the fall. She also had her first dentist appointment today (8/5). I am so proud of her! She was the perfect patient and her teeth are fantastic according to the dentist. We are going to begin brushing her teeth twice a day, flossing and teaching her how to use "big girl" toothpaste. Here are some pictures for you enjoyment.












No comments: