Tuesday, January 18, 2011

24 Week Visit (a little early)

Last Wednesday I had to go in for my 24 week appointment. I was only 23 weeks at the time, but I am about a week ahead on my appointments. The baby's heartbeat was 155bpm. I also received my information and yummy drink for my glucose tolerance test. I have to go sometime during the week of February 2nd and I think I will have to go on Saturday, February 5th to avoid missing work. Apparently I gained 8 lbs in the last four weeks. YIKES! I am still only 1 lb heavier than I was before I became pregnant. Dr. Ogden checked to see if I was swollen, but I am not and my urine test was fine. Looks like it was the yummy holiday food and week off from work.
Last Sunday I decided to vacuum and mop all of the floors in our house. I was very sore afterwards and thought I probably overdid it. During the beginning of last week I was getting a pinching feeling down my left leg. I told the doctor about it and he seemed to think that it is sciatica. It looks like the baby is already sitting on my nerve. He showed me a few exercises that I could do to help relieve the pain and he said that if it continues I could go to a chiropractor (Yikes, no time for that!). Thankful when I woke up on Saturday the pain and pinching feeling disappeared. Funny how things work when your pregnant! It was back again on Sunday and now on Tuesday completely gone. Hopefully he continues to stay off of my nerves for now.

1 comment:

Sissy said...

Stacey, I had that problem with the siatica and went to an awesome chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women. I went once a week every week for the last 4 months or so. She was awesome and I am pretty sure they are open on the Saturdays. Let me know if you want her info :)
Sissy