Friday, October 3, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

Grace had her 2 week check up today and it is official, she is a peanut! She is now 6 lbs. 3 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long. Her head circumference is 13.5 inches. Apparently her head really was swollen after birth since she went from 19 3/4 inches long to 18 1/2 inches long. She is in the 14th percentile for her head size and 3rd percentile for her height & weight.
We also talked about a little problem that we have been having at nighttime with Grace. For some reason between 1am and 6am every night she screams bloody murder. It doesn't matter what we do, she will still start to scream a couple minutes after we put her down. Her doctor said that it could be gas or it could be colic - we are really praying that it is just gas. We bought some gas drops and we will try them out tonight. Hopefully it does the trick! Otherwise we will be dealing with a colic baby for the next 3 weeks to 3 months :( I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy.

On a lighter note, we gave Grace another bath on Tuesday and of course she pooped in the tub not once but twice. It seems as though this is becoming her favorite past time. I cannot tell you how many times I have been pooped, peed, and tooted on in the past two weeks. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. Jason is smart - he is the official "hand holder" during diaper changes and baths so he gets to dodge all the messiness!

We will let you know how our night goes now with the gas drops. Please pray for us on this one! Jason also posted some new pics in the gallery of Grace and her funny faces. She makes the funniest facial expressions, even the nurses at the hospital commented on them! She's adorable! :)

1 comment:

Brian and Karen said...

Hey girl...Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be the "all-knowing advice-giver" here. Lord knows you live in Rochester, so I am sure you are surrounded by "advice-givers"; however, I have some friends who had babies with similiar symptoms and it ended up that they had bad reflux. The doc gave them something that seemed to help. Most of those babies were formula fed though, so I just always assumed it had to do with the formula; but I guess if the gas meds don't work, you could always look into that as well.

I will be praying for you. Please remember that these sleepless nights do not last forever and soon you will be enjoying lots of daytime moments with that sweet girl! :) I myself, am one that LOVES to get her sleep, so after getting through those first 8 weeks, I felt like a brand new women and you will be there soon too! :)

Lots of love to you guys. We can't wait to meet Grace in just 3 more weeks! :)